Helpful Information for Talking to the Hard of Hearing in Bethel Park, PA
- When someone is hard of hearing, it can be extremely hard to understand what another person is saying. Here are some pointers from Southwestern Hearing Care Inc in Bethel Park, PA.
- Face the hard of hearing person directly, and on the same level with him/her, whenever possible.
- Never talk from another room. Be sure to get the person's attention before you speak.
- Speak in a normal fashion without shouting. See that the light is not shining in the eyes of the hard of hearing person.
- If you are eating, chewing, smoking, etc., while talking, your speech will be more difficult to understand.
- Reduce background noises when carrying on conversations.
- Recognize that hard of hearing people hear and understand less when they are tired or ill.
Keep your hands away from your face while talking.If a person has difficulty understanding something, find a different way of saying the same thing rather than repeating the original words over and over.Know someone that is hard of hearing? Contact Southwestern Hearing Care Inc today and see how we can help!